Friday, October 24, 2008

Check this out

After Colin Powell's endorsement of Obama, a lot of people were crying that the endorsement was simply a race issue. These claims didn't sit well with me, but I didn't feel like I could adequately explain why. However, Macon D over at Stuff White People Do saved the day and put into words what I could not. Thanks, Macon D!

If you aren't already, you should be reading SWPD on a regular basis. It's an intelligent and thoughtful blog about what it means to be white in this country, and the ways in which the majority cause suffering among racial minorities (whether they intend to or not). It's a big wake-up call.

3 comments:

macon d said...

Hey Phoebe, thanks for the shoutout! and for the inspiring question.

Now to read about "Sex with buff YET VIOLENT MONKEES????" Surely you jest!

BigRed said...

I can't wait to see what type of google searches bring people here after that title.

BigRed said...

My first troll!!! And, just as I expected, he or she has difficulty forming a coherent argument or really making any sense at all. Neat!

Creative Commons License

Rectory Entrance is licensed.
Don't touch my shit unless you ask.

Van Gogh's Ear Award