Saturday, December 20, 2008

I have something in my eye...

If you were wondering what it takes to make my cold, dead, husk of a heart beat again, here it is:

Tengrand
Safety Harbor Montessori's Cindy Horrocks, who teaches 4th, 5th and 6th grades and Carol Wooldridge who does admissions, are stunned when they open up an envelope containing a ten thousand dollar check from an anonymous donor. Each of the 30 staffers of the school received a check during a lunch in their honor at the Ozona Blue Grilling Company in Ozona. [Jim Damaske, Times]

2 comments:

TLCastle said...

I saw this yesterday. While in Minneapolis this weekend, some millionaire was handing out $500 to shoppers randomly at the Mall of America. My first thought was that the person should be handing out the money to people who work there instead. If you have money to shop at the MOA then you are not in dire straights.

Unfortunately, I find I have the same reaction with this story. Montessori schools are private and the teachers make way more than those who work in public schools. How about you go to an inner city public school and give some money away...rich folks are so out of touch!

BigRed said...

You bring up a good point. I hadn't really noticed that it was a Montessori School. Still, the look on that woman's face gets me.

Creative Commons License

Rectory Entrance is licensed.
Don't touch my shit unless you ask.

Van Gogh's Ear Award